Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Like My Daddy Does

Earlier I posted about my Grandma's and Grandpa's gardens in Omak. You can find them here and here. This post will be about my dad's garden here in Snohomish! So every time I come home, he always has to give me a "tour" of what he has done with the place as soon as I walk in the door. But I must admit that the yard does look pretty good. It always makes me wonder if the yard has always looked liked this, and I am just now noticing it because of my interest in gardening now. Or if this is a new occurrence. They tell me that it always looked like this... so where was I while this was happening?



These are his pride and joys this summer... Huge tomato plants.



His little rose garden




Grape vines that sometimes take over our house



His newest project that is begging for some green to be spilling over those stones



Joining

5 comments:

  1. Well his gardens are really lovely. I guess it's never too late to take notice of someone's garden.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad's garden looks pretty darn good... But then Snohomish is a great place to garden.

    My parents had a fantastic garden. Dad had a great way with hardscape and my mother loved her flowers. I didn't really "get it".

    When my kids were little they loved to go to visit and eat right out of the garden. They grew up loving veggies. I was starting to appreciate how nice their yard was.

    When I moved into my first home and started to garden... I became a fanatic! My kids didn't "get it". (It was my "therapy")

    Now they are all "way into" their gardens....

    I guess it just has to be the "right time" for one to understand what a garden can give back :)

    Thanks for coming to the Bunny Hop party this week.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening will keep him young. I so love mine.
    Smiles, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dads garden is great! And those tomatoes-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that you come from a background of family gardeners. Men always love their tomato plants! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy reading these comments! Being a young gardener I'll take anything I can get! Advice, suggestions, whatever!